[Ironruby-core] MS.Scripting

John Messerly jomes at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 26 16:01:38 EDT 2007

olivier dufour:

> I have a little question about MS.Scripting.
> I am making the JScript compiler for moonlight and I have used
> MS.Scripting.dll of silverlight all the time(v2.1).
> But thanks to the fact that you said that there is version 2.1 for
> embedding in browser and 2.0. I want to try 2.0 to make a console
> compiler.
> I have used the ironruby MS.Scripting as reference to build
> MS.JScript.Compiler/Runtime dll and I see that the ironruby
> MS.Scripting is far from the one of Silverlight even in namespace(
> MS.Scripting.Internal.Ast become MS.Scripting.Ast for example). What is
> the plan for it? Is the current version of ironruby is custom or out
> dated or is it a development version?
> thanks for any feedback.

The version of Microsoft.Scripting.dll in the Silverlight 1.1 alpha is several months old. Since the DLR is under active development, there's been a lot of changes to the API surface area. You probably want to target the current DLR APIs, rather than the older APIs in the Silverlight 1.1 alpha.

- John