[Ironruby-core] Implementing the Time class

Eric Nicholson enicholson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:45:28 EDT 2007

So I was working on File, but that had a few routines which returned Time
objects, so I started a sidetrack on that which took a little longer than I
expected.  I have most of it complete (except for strformat) implemented as
an extension to the .net Date/DateTime class.

I've also integrated the Rubinius Time specs into the test project with some
hiccups.  Almost half of the tests are passing, with the bulk of the
failures due to the specs use of the "ENV" object to set the time zone
before testing out the Time class.  Personally I think that monkeying with
the system clock isn't a great test idea anyway, and I don't know of a good
cross platform way to handle it.

So what do you suppose I should do here?
* Implement new tests that are more portable (I doubt I have time to work
out Rubinius' commit/patch requirements)
* Just disable the tests that use ENV
* Implement new tests just for IR