[Ironruby-core] Revision 45 up on SVN

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at sun.com
Wed Oct 24 15:27:40 EDT 2007

John Lam (DLR) wrote:
> Curt Hagenlocher:
>
>> Are there such specs for the entire core library?  I've implemented
>> the StringScanner class but wasn't particularly looking forward to
>> working out all the tests.
>
> I did a quick look through the Rubinius test suite and I didn't find any tests for StringScanner.

We have one:

http://svn.codehaus.org/jruby/trunk/jruby/test/testStringScan.rb

JRuby source is licensed under the MIT-like CPL, so that shouldn't be a
problem.

JRuby's test suite is probably the largest one available right now, but
it's a mix of our own minirunit and test/unit tests, MRI's tests, Daniel
Berger's tests, Rubinius's specs, Rubicon, and BFTS. Ideally I'd love to
see the various implementations cooperate on the test suites; so if
there's tests coming out of the IronRuby project, it would be nice to
have them available. Are they in SVN? (I admit, I haven't looked).

- Charlie