[Ironruby-core] Pathname

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 24 14:51:01 EDT 2007

Sanghyeon Seo:

> I think the intended way to use the library is not to use delimiter at
> all.
>
> irb(main):001:0> require 'pathname2'
> => true
> irb(main):002:0> root = Pathname.new('root') => "root"
> irb(main):003:0> root + 'subdir' # not '\subdir'
> => "root/subdir"

That's exactly the insight that I was looking for. Thanks, Seo!

The latest Rakefile that I checked in takes advantage of this observation, so it *should* just work on Linux now. I'm trying to spin up the Mono vmware image here to get the ball rolling on my end so that I can do some verification of this stuff before throwing over the wall.

Thanks,
-John