[Ironruby-core] Revision 45 up on SVN

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Tue Oct 23 23:09:31 EDT 2007

On 10/23/07, John Lam (DLR) <jflam at microsoft.com> wrote:
> This release also integrates some of the latest Rubinius specs into the
> source tree. You can run the specs via "rake specs". Right now we're at 1032
> examples, 565 failures. It's time to start taking a hard look at those
> failures so that we can improve the quality of the 3 core types (Array,
> Hash, String) that it is testing.

Are there such specs for the entire core library?  I've implemented the
StringScanner class but wasn't particularly looking forward to working out
all the tests.

This should be complete -- with the exception of get_byte (which is
currently identical to getch) and StringScanner::Error (which I wasn't sure
how to define).  I'm also not sure how to add this code in such a way that a
"require 'strscan'" is needed to make it available.

We're going to need a better way of "signing up" for specific libraries; I'd
be looking at the IO and File classes if I weren't convinced that there
weren't half a dozen other people doing the same :).

Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org