[Ironruby-core] Revision 45 up on SVN

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Tue Oct 23 23:09:31 EDT 2007

On 10/23/07, John Lam (DLR) <jflam at microsoft.com> wrote:

> This release also integrates some of the latest Rubinius specs into the
> source tree. You can run the specs via "rake specs". Right now we're at 1032
> examples, 565 failures. It's time to start taking a hard look at those
> failures so that we can improve the quality of the 3 core types (Array,
> Hash, String) that it is testing.

Are there such specs for the entire core library?  I've implemented the
StringScanner class but wasn't particularly looking forward to working out
all the tests.

http://hagenlocher.org/software/StringScanner.cs.txt

This should be complete -- with the exception of get_byte (which is
currently identical to getch) and StringScanner::Error (which I wasn't sure
how to define).  I'm also not sure how to add this code in such a way that a
"require 'strscan'" is needed to make it available.

We're going to need a better way of "signing up" for specific libraries; I'd
be looking at the IO and File classes if I weren't convinced that there
weren't half a dozen other people doing the same :).

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org