[Ironruby-core] Revision 45 up on SVN

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 23 20:14:14 EDT 2007

I fixed the Rakefile and pushed up Revision 45 to Subversion today. This gives you the latest bits as of this morning from my desktop here in Redmond.

Of note in this release is the AstRewriter that Martin wrote. This fixes many of the code gen bugs that no doubt folks ran into in testing IronRuby (we sure hit it a lot).

This release also integrates some of the latest Rubinius specs into the source tree. You can run the specs via "rake specs". Right now we're at 1032 examples, 565 failures. It's time to start taking a hard look at those failures so that we can improve the quality of the 3 core types (Array, Hash, String) that it is testing.

Am now working integrating the community submissions into our source code. My apologies for the delay - there were random procedural issues that we're hoping will be fixed soon. The biggest change is the way that we're splitting out the libraries. Hopefully sometime tomorrow we'll have the libraries checkin done on our end which will refactor most if not all of the libraries code into IronRuby.Libraries.dll. That will make it much easier for folks to work on the libraries.