[Ironruby-core] Yaml Parser

Mike Moore blowmage at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 15:03:51 EDT 2007

I did use JLCA to start, but have made many changes since.  JLCA didn't
migrate everything and there are still some calls that don't exist on the
CLR.  I made a bunch of changes to try to get the code compiling but I don't
think it is compiling at the moment.  I also made some changes to get the
code to be more idiomatic C#, like moving some methods to properties, using
generics when possible, etc...
Right now I think the biggest issue (besides getting it to compile) is that
the code is written for JRuby's String class which is a list of bytes, where
IronRuby is using the MutableString class which is a StringBuffer.  I
remember John saying that IronRuby will move to a byte list for String
eventually, but I haven't had much time to work on the YAML port and haven't
coordinated when that change will happen, if at all.

Hopefully I'll get some time to work on it soon.