[Ironruby-core] A couple of issues building in Visual Studio

Derek Knight Derek at GordonKnight.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 00:01:46 EDT 2007

      I posted this in the open-discussion forum. Maybe that's not used much these days.

      I've found a few problems building IronRuby on Windows (using the IronRuby.sln file). It's possible my set-up might be bad, although all I did was download the SVN files and build them.

      A number of the projects have bad references (these look to be caused by the projects not being in the location the csproj files expect).
      I found that I had to change the following CSPROJ files (Ruby, IronRuby.Libraries, ClassInitGenerator, Ruby.Console, RubyTestHost).

      Also, I was doing a Release build and that does not compile. The Microsoft.Scripting library has #if DEBUG round definitions of 2 Utils.ReflectionUtils functions (FormatTypeName and FormatTypeArgs), which are referred to in Program.cs of ClassInitGenerator.

      I'm guessing others don't build from the Visual Studio solution (or I've set my environment up stupidly).