[Ironruby-core] A couple of issues building in Visual Studio

Derek Knight Derek at GordonKnight.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 00:01:46 EDT 2007


      I posted this in the open-discussion forum. Maybe that's not used much these days.

      I've found a few problems building IronRuby on Windows (using the IronRuby.sln file). It's possible my set-up might be bad, although all I did was download the SVN files and build them.

      A number of the projects have bad references (these look to be caused by the projects not being in the location the csproj files expect).
      I found that I had to change the following CSPROJ files (Ruby, IronRuby.Libraries, ClassInitGenerator, Ruby.Console, RubyTestHost).

      Also, I was doing a Release build and that does not compile. The Microsoft.Scripting library has #if DEBUG round definitions of 2 Utils.ReflectionUtils functions (FormatTypeName and FormatTypeArgs), which are referred to in Program.cs of ClassInitGenerator.

      I'm guessing others don't build from the Visual Studio solution (or I've set my environment up stupidly).

      Derek
     

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20071015/0ed18ffa/attachment.html 


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list