[Ironruby-core] Match operator

John Messerly jomes at microsoft.com
Sun Oct 14 17:06:16 EDT 2007

On 10/14/07, Sanghyeon Seo <sanxiyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that match operators (=~ and !~) aren't currently
> implemented. e.g. '' =~ // crashes while parsing.
> Where should one look to implement this?

It's in RegexpOps.cs.

There's actually an interesting design issue around Regexp. On one hand, it would be really nice if we could somehow use System.Text.RegularExpressions to implement Ruby's Regexp. On the other hand, there might be too much of an impedance mismatch between the two. I haven't compared them yet... I wonder how different they are?

- John