[Ironruby-core] IronRuby testing WAS: IronRuby community and communications

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 5 14:15:02 EDT 2007

> The rspec specs will probably be more useful as a measure of
> completeness, but they do require that an implementation can at least
> successfully run them (albeit not perfectly) so that errors and missing
> features can be gathered. I'm not sure if IronRuby is to that point yet
> or not. We have been running some of Rubinius's specs in JRuby for
> several months, along with just about every test suite we can get our
> hands on.

Early on when I was actively working on libraries I was porting the Rubinius specs to work on my stripped down version of mini-spec. It's been a couple of months since I visited that code, and we have a lot more core language features working now. It's on my list of things to do next week to see what the gap looks like to run mini-spec natively on IronRuby.