[Ironruby-core] IronRuby community and communications

Mike Moore blowmage at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:26:31 EDT 2007

On 10/3/07, M. David Peterson <m.david at xmlhacker.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:36:45 -0600, William Yeung
> <william.yeung.hk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you can make this happen like how ReSharper did on the CastleProject
> > community, that's really a good idea.
> There's nothing I can do other than speak up and state my case as to why I
> might think one thing or another would be good/bad/indifferent.  As
> Charlie has proven, sometimes the best way to get something accomplished
> is to find ways to get people vocal about a particular topic of interest.
> To be honest I'm not 100% that Groove is the perfect fit in this
> particular use-case.  But I think it might be.  Would be fun to find out!
> :D
> Any thoughts from the community at large?

I'm not opposed to Groove.  It does limit contributors to those on Windows,
or have access to running Windows.  I doubt that is much of a restriction
though, as testing IronRuby on *only* Mono seems rather risky.  If Microsoft
could pony up Groove licenses for all contributors I'd certainly try to make
it work.

But, I'm also not opposed to running development using Trac, or some other
well known PM tool, either.  The tools aren't as important to me as having a
bit more structure.