[Ironruby-core] Fwd: IronRuby community and communications

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at sun.com
Wed Oct 3 09:03:08 EDT 2007

pat eyler wrote:
> [...]

Ok ok, I'll weigh in now.

RubySpec is a human-readable spec wiki I put up for community members to
collaboratively build a Ruby specification. It's made fairly good progress.

http://www.headius.com/rubyspec

Rubinius contains a number of rspec specs that form the testing half of
the equation. The hope is that this suite of specs will continue to grow
to provide a complete specification test suite for Ruby implementations.
Evan can talk more about that side of things.

The rspec specs will probably be more useful as a measure of
completeness, but they do require that an implementation can at least
successfully run them (albeit not perfectly) so that errors and missing
features can be gathered. I'm not sure if IronRuby is to that point yet
or not. We have been running some of Rubinius's specs in JRuby for
several months, along with just about every test suite we can get our
hands on.

I'd love to see us cooperate here.

- Charlie