[Ironruby-core] Public versus private discussion and community momentum

Jb Evain jb at nurv.fr
Mon Oct 1 17:19:35 EDT 2007

On 10/1/07, M. David Peterson <m.david at xmlhacker.com> wrote:
> But there is something I think seems to be overlooked: As far as I know,
> the IronRuby team is composed of three developers, and (potentially) one
> additional developer on loan.  Their trying to ship a 1.0 product.  How
> much additional time do they have?

It's all about perception. IronRuby has been announced as an
open-source project, and as we speak, the development process is
pretty much hidden to me.

I perfectly understand the need of shipping a product. But I also
understand the necessity of being open to succeed in creating an
open-source project. Then as I said, I'm perfectly aware it will take
time to achieve, but opening things seem to me the only way to succeed
in making IronRuby a successful open-source project.

So depending on the goals, there's a balance to find between moving
the development forward, and getting the community involved.

Jb Evain  <jb at nurv.fr>