[Ironruby-core] Public versus private discussion and community momentum

M. David Peterson m.david at xmlhacker.com
Mon Oct 1 17:09:48 EDT 2007

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:59:18 -0600, Jb Evain <jb at nurv.fr> wrote:

> I don't think it's worth going this way.

If the end result is that greater interaction takes place, then fair
enough: Charlie, you're not being a troll.

But there is something I think seems to be overlooked: As far as I know,
the IronRuby team is composed of three developers, and (potentially) one
additional developer on loan.  Their trying to ship a 1.0 product.  How
much additional time do they have?

Fast forward to a post 1.0 release: I believe it would be fair to expect a
much more interactive community similar to that which has formed over in
IronPython.  They're now two major releases past their 1.0 release, so it
makes sense that they would be able to be more involved.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |