[Ironruby-core] Public versus private discussion and community momentum

M. David Peterson m.david at xmlhacker.com
Mon Oct 1 17:04:13 EDT 2007

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:55:35 -0600, Charles Oliver Nutter
<charles.nutter at sun.com> wrote:

> I don't have any distrust of John's
> team or intentions; I just would love to see them able to have public
> rather than private discussions, and I think both the IronRuby and other
> Ruby communities would benefit from it.

Charlie, I can't help but agree with your overall point.  But what you are
suggesting is that there *could* be a problem without any real evidence
beyond suggesting the list volume is low.  Quite frankly while the list
volume might be less than jRuby, it's certainly not a ghost town by any
stretch of the imagination.  So I'm failing to see your point; not from a
philisophical level, but from a very specific "where's the evidence?"

Fair enough, if your entire point is to simply open up the pipes a bit
more, then cool.  But that's not the way it came across.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |