[Ironruby-core] Public versus private discussion and community momentum

Jb Evain jb at nurv.fr
Mon Oct 1 16:59:18 EDT 2007

On 10/1/07, M. David Peterson <m.david at xmlhacker.com> wrote:
> I didn't.  I suggested that this is what it seemed like and asked you if
> you were.  Accussing you of being a troll would sound something like,
> Charlie, you're being a troll.

I don't think it's worth going this way.

Obviously it will take time for the Microsoft folks to go from a
completely closed way of working, to an open-source project like those
we're used to.

But, as Charles Oliver, I'm impatient to see this moving forward.
Today, this list rather feel like a forum for people asking questions
about IronRuby, and sometimes, a Microsoft engineer answers.

I'm a little frustrated as well by this situation, and I'd like to see
more technical discussions *between MS engineers* on this list. I also
do agree it will probably take some time, we had the exact same issue
at db4o. To be honest, I was even about to raise the same concern. So
I'm glad the question came out.

Jb Evain  <jb at nurv.fr>