[Ironruby-core] Public versus private discussion and community momentum

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at sun.com
Mon Oct 1 16:55:35 EDT 2007

M. David Peterson wrote:
> Here's the thing: If you don't trust MSFT, don't contribute any code.
> Personally I do trust MSFT.  At least enough to be willing to contribute
> code w/o the need of being a part of every conversation that takes place
> regarding the past, present, and/or future of this project.

It's not about trust; it's about open source as a two-way street. If
you're going to pour your time into making the public half of IronRuby
better, perhaps you deserve to know about or have some say in the
direction of the other half as well. I don't have any distrust of John's
team or intentions; I just would love to see them able to have public
rather than private discussions, and I think both the IronRuby and other
Ruby communities would benefit from it.

- Charlie