[Ironruby-core] Public versus private discussion and community momentum

M. David Peterson m.david at xmlhacker.com
Mon Oct 1 16:43:18 EDT 2007

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:32:27 -0600, Curt Hagenlocher
<curt at hagenlocher.org> wrote:

>> I know there's always thoughts about secrecy and springing the next big
>> software surprise on the world when working at Microsoft, but secrecy is
>> poison to an OSS community.

> does not speak well for his intentions.  But if you remove this one
> sentence, his concerns seem pretty reasonable.

Agreed. In fact it was that exact phrase that caused me to look at the
entire message with shades of doubt.  Maybe his intentions were legit.
But with that paragraph in place I have my doubts.

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |