[Ironruby-core] IronRuby and MarkLogic

John Messerly jomes at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 29 23:41:23 EST 2007

> Thanks again John. Here is a dump via Reflector:
> internal class ContentSourceImpl : ContentSource {
> <snip>

Pure speculation, but we might be deciding that the method isn't callable because it's on an internal type. We need to search the class hierarchy to find the visible type so we can emit the call to the method on the visible type. Maybe there's a spot where we don't do that correctly.

If you're up for diving into IronRuby's method binding logic, the place to put a breakpoint is in ironruby/runtime/RubyActionBinder.cs, MakeRuleForInvokeMember, in particular the line:

    RubyMethodBase method = ec.ResolveMethod(target, action.Name);

At some point we'll hit that with action.Name == "NewSession". Then step into ResolveMethod and see what happens. It should eventually get to RubyClass.TryGetClrMember with name == "NewSession". But maybe it gets lost somewhere along the way...

- John