[Ironruby-core] SVN r56: binary files in the repository

John Messerly jomes at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 16 23:01:00 EST 2007

Seo Sanghyeon:

> A lot of binary files were introduced to the repository under
> tests/ironruby in SVN r56. Is this intentional?

Not intentional--I'm guessing that the rakefile to_svn command picked up some junk lying around in the enlistment used to sync. (Although I thought we had SVN configured to exclude dlls/exes/pdbs...)

Our tests run in two modes, one of which causes IronRuby to dump the IL to disk as *.exe & *.dll, so we can run PE verify (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/62bwd2yd(VS.80).aspx) over the output to ensure that we are generating clean IL. So after running the tests you end up with a bunch of binaries lying around.

- John