[Ironruby-core] New update on SVN!
John Lam (DLR)
jflam at microsoft.com
Fri Nov 16 20:44:39 EST 2007
Tomas finally got the big checkin from RubyConf into TFS this week. I'm pushing out an update to SVN now, and I'll follow up with another giant mail that will detail all DLR changes in the last 3 weeks since our last update.
See attached email (HTML) if you want to see the pretty picture for 3).
1) Introduces RubyScope - a local runtime scope to be created for methods, class/module declarations and blocks (though this shelveset doesn't create scope for blocks yet). RubyScope holds on various flags and self object. It's lexically chained. Added LocalScope to DLR - it's an empty for now, will implement local scopes in DLR this or next week. LocalScope is available on CodeContext. There are also few hacks on CodeContext that will be gone after LocalScopes will be finished.
2) Fixes Ruby method definitions, class variable access, constant access and method visibility settings - to use lexical lookup via scopes.
3) Refactors class structure and method tables to match Ruby semantics. S(w) means singleton/virtual class of w; x and y are instances of C, y has a singleton class defined.
4) Fixes method lookup: follow one s-arrow and then b-arrows until Object is reached.
5) Unifies methods implementing member enumeration. Implements reflection methods on Module (e.g. get_const, set_const, instance_methods, ...).
6) Implements undef and alias keywords (alias doesn't work for globals yet, just for methods).
7) Adds support for method removal and undef, including CLR methods removal (though CLR method removal is not implemented completely). Added attribute (RemoveMethodAttribute) that enables to remove a CLR method declaratively in an extension class in library.
8) Refactors and fixes CLR method, field and event lookup.
9) Refactors Ruby library attributes: [RubyClass], [RubyModule], [Includes]. Removed extension attributes as they are not needed any more. Added Copy flag on IncludesAttribute that will copy members of included module into the including class instead of adding the module into the including class's mixin list. This enables to transparently hoist RubyArray and RubyHash methods that are implemented on IList and IDictionary interfaces to these interfaces' extensions.
10) Refactors CLR interface interop. CLR interfaces are treated as empty Ruby modules. A CLR type that implements an interface includes it in its mixin list. They can be opened in Ruby code and methods could be added. Interfaces can be opened also from library code, in fact several interfaces (IEnumerable, IList, Icollection, IDictionary).
11) Refactors ClassInitGenerator, adapts it to the new attributes.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded message was scrubbed...
From: Tomas Matousek <Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com>
Subject: Code Review: Ruby Scopes and Member Lookup
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:03:27 -0800
More information about the Ironruby-core