[Ironruby-core] Compare Patch

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at sun.com
Mon Nov 12 12:55:51 EST 2007

Peter Bacon Darwin wrote:
> Following on from the discussions about the <=> operator and the Range
> === operator.  The situation in the MRI is not consistent.  There are
> some cases where an exception is thrown and some where nil is returned
> and in those cases sometimes this is converted to false.  Matz accepted
> this a while back
> (http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/165155) and
> I don’t see any change in the later releases.

If you're going through the effort of finding all cases, please also try
to update either the Rubinius specs or RubySpec
(www.headius.com/rubyspec) so the information is not lost (or buried in

This goes for other discoveries...please try to capture it through one
of the community-based mechanisms.

- Charlie