[Ironruby-core] IronRuby Visual Form Designer (preview)

Huw Collingbourne lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Nov 12 11:50:55 EST 2007

John Lam (DLR) wrote:
> Huw Collingbourne:
>
>> I've just uploaded a short screencast showing our IronRuby form
>> designer
>> in action...
>>
>> http://www.sapphiresteel.com/IronRuby-Visual-Designer
>
> Just watched it. Great job!
>
> It looks like you've got syntax coloring working already. Do you have an
> ETA for Intellisense support for the native .NET types?

The syntax coloring, code folding etc is already in place as we have it
all for our current Ruby environment. None of this depends on
information supplied by the Ruby interpreter, so moving it over to
IronRuby was very simple.

We've been looking at .NET IntelliSense and this will be a *lot* easier
to implement than Ruby IntelliSense was. Naturally we can do Ruby
IntelliSense today as we already have Ruby IntelliSense in Ruby In
Steel. Once again, none of our Intellisense depends on ruby.exe - we've
implemented the entire code analysis system ourselves - so it is easy
for us to move it into our IronRuby IDE. We think we'll be able to demo
a system that has both .NET and Ruby code completion for IronRuby pretty
soon now. Can't give you an exact date but it's going to be weeks, not
months ;-)

best wishes

Huw