[Ironruby-core] Hosting the DLR and passing data to scripts

Tomas Restrepo tomas at winterdom.com
Thu Nov 8 07:43:06 EST 2007

Hi Tomas,

We’re going to improve hosting API in DLR next month – there will be several major changes and many minor ones. IronRuby will also plug better to DLR due to these changes. For the time being, use only globals (via RubyEngine.CurrentEngine.ExecutionContext.GlobalVariables dictionary) for passing data from and to Ruby scripts.

Thanks for the answer; I'll keep my eyes on the DLR updates.

I did try using the GlobalVariables dictionary and that did work fine. Any particular reason why the global variables are stored in the GlobalVariables dictionary instead of the GlobalScope dictionary? (just trying to understand better how it works)

Tomas Restrepo