[Ironruby-core] Hosting the DLR and passing data to scripts

Tomas Restrepo tomas at winterdom.com
Wed Nov 7 18:44:27 EST 2007

I've been playing with the DLR hosting interfaces and running ruby code this
way; it's a really, really nifty feature that I'm already loving!

I can see a lot of cool scenarios this will be useful, such as providing a
good way to provide custom scripting support on applications and so on.

I have had some problems, however, in particularly trying to connect the
host with the scripts being executed inside the DLR. In my infinite
ignorance, I assume you would be able to use Script.SetVariable() (or one of
the longer, but equal alternatives to it) to introduce global variables into
the scope before executing or evaluating a script, but for the life of me I
can't seem to get it to work.

Am I just completely of the mark? or is it just not working at this time?

Tomas Restrepo