[Ironruby-core] FW: Review of Peter Bacon Darwin's Fixnum patch

Peter Bacon Darwin bacondarwin at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 18 14:04:18 EST 2007

Sorry about the Kernel stuff.  I didn't realise that most of the instance
methods on Object are actually in Kernel (the documentation is a bit
misleading there if you don't read the top of the page carefully).  Equally,
I have no idea why I implemented Object.new.  You are right it works fine.
Perhaps I was having another problem and thought that would fix it and
didn't isolate the problem.

Regarding the to_int site, I think that the cases where I used it are the
only ones and everywhere else use the normal protocols.  I think that in
those few cases they are optimizations where the other conversions in the
normal protocol have already been ruled out.

Sorry you are right about the YieldStep method.  It should return the result
of the block if it jumped.  By the way, is there any difference between a
block jumping with a break statement and jumping with a return statement?