[Iowa-general] Iowa + CSS / XSL?

Mark Turner markt at govirtual.com.au
Sun Oct 3 06:45:04 EDT 2004

Here's another adventure!

There's a few pages out there describing the translation of xml into
html/pdf/somethingElse using XSL.. as an application!
I'm sure they've not happened across Iowa!

Well, they've been busy at the W3C, there's some awesome new acronyms
humming out there.

I'm halfway up to speed with xml, css. Though another investigation was
triggered by finding xsl.
This is css on xml steroids.

Though with xsl there does not have to be any html!
The html is generated as a combo of the xsl, xslt, xml + dtd + FOp.

A server 'engine', fop is usually used to generate the required 'look'
and 'feel'.
I did get this drift a while back, though it's different when I've found
a favorite framework to use.

An interesting article on refactoring.

Some hints here.

What function is in the FO processing that would be usefully integrated
into Iowa?
I've had a quick look around for FO in Ruby, though nothing obvious appears.
My question is this:
Am I asking the right question/s?

Regs, Markt

Govirtual.com.au/KEYS/markt at govirtual.com.au.txt
Govirtual is protected by strong antiVirus & Spam blocking.
If your email is bounced, please see...