[Instiki] Frequent crashes on Windows 7

Martin Ammermüller martin.ammermueller at googlemail.com
Sat May 29 00:42:12 EDT 2010

Thanks for the quick answer.

2010/5/29 Jacques Distler <distler at golem.ph.utexas.edu>:

> On May 28, 2010, at 8:41 PM, Martin Ammermüller wrote:
>
>> Since STIXfonts where released today I'm searching for a Wiki with
>> easy MathML editing. I came across Instiki and started to play around
>> with it. But it frequently crashes. I've attached messages printed to
>> stdout from one crash.
>>
>> Instiki (instiki-svn.tar.gz from today) is used on Windows 7 (32bit)
>> on Ruby 1.9.1.
>
> I'm not sure I'm reading the crash logs correctly.
>
> Did you install the itextomml gem, per the instructions:
>
>   http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/wiki/instiki/show/Installation

Yes, that's exactly what i did. For sqlite3-ruby and itextomml. Just
to be sure, i installed them again. But it didn't help.

I noticed that crashes seem to only occur when i try to edit/submit a
page with Firefox. AFAIR it didn't crash when editing/viewing is done
with Chrome.

> There is an unresolved issue with logging under Windows. See the workaround here:
>
>    http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/wiki/instiki/show/Known+Bugs
>
> But I doubt that would be affecting you, right away. More likely, your database and/or itex2MML isn't working right, because the relevant gems are not installed.

log\production.log is only ~140KB big.

Another thing: is it by design, that wiki words can only be us-ascii?

Martin