[Instiki] status of Instiki and i2

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 19:47:34 EST 2007

On 1/7/07, Rob Sanheim <rsanheim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would there be interest from anyone here in a fork of i2, with
> maintenance and updates for Rails 1.2 and beyond?  If so holler...

Yes! Something useful not only for personal use, but intranets too. Junebug
is good, but doesn't have full-text search and is more just for personal use
(why not use Tomboy for that? but that's another discussion).

It would be great to have a stellar Rails-powered wiki out there, especially
one that's simple. Folks could use it as a building block, together with
apps like Mephisto and Beast, for community-based either public or for
intranets.

I do wonder though whether Instiki is really the best foundation to build a
great Rails wiki on, considering that it's basically pre-Rails in many ways,
was converted from Madeleine to AR. The Instiki.org site is often down,
which chips away at my faith in Instiki's stability. Maybe something from
scratch would be more solid and more easily extendible?

By the way, where can you even get the code for i2? Or is that the same as
the latest instiki release supporting AR?

--
"Impossible is nothing."