[Instiki] status of Instiki and i2

John Whitley whitley at acm.org
Sun Jan 7 15:41:39 EST 2007

Rob Sanheim wrote:
> I was wondering if either Instiki or i2 are being currently maintained
> by anyone?  I know Alexey has moved on to better things, so has anyone
> taken over the helm for either project?

To my knowledge, Alexey hasn't transferred maintainership of
Instiki.  I don't believe that he was the active maintainer for i2,
and it's been little discussed here of late, so I can't speak to that.

There are a number of other up-and-coming Ruby/Rails wikis; _why just
mentioned a new one (http://junebugwiki.com/) that focuses on the
personal wiki space like Instiki did.  _why also wrote a script that
will import an exported .zip of Instiki pages into Junebug.  See the
blog entry on this at:

-- John