[Instiki] Problem creating web

Matthias Tarasiewicz parasew at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 15:51:17 EST 2007

hello Richard,
Johannes is right, you really don't need sqlite installed to run
instiki. the video you referred to was linked on the instiki-wiki, i
updated the instructions and put a windows installation part there
see http://instiki.org/show/Installation

i also set up some old computer with windows98 to test instiki on
windows there (i am usually on bsd or osx) - works great out-of the

the most common windows errors (and maybe also yours) is that people
click and launch the wrong file. if you run "instiki.rb" it won't work
on windows. always be sure to doubleclick "instiki.cmd". if this
filetype is not recognized by your system (as this was the case in
windows98) rename the file to "instiki.bat" and doubleclick it. with
that it should work.

-matthias tarasiewicz