[Instiki] Help starting??

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Sun Jul 16 10:47:49 EDT 2006

On Jul 16, 2006, at 6:50 AM, Per Jørgensen wrote:

> Well - as I can read from the manual - you'll just have to start bu
> ./instiki
> then go to http://localhost:2500 and then you' ll get some question
> ask
> about how the setup is?? or what is it me here that's wrong??
> I'll just get a totally blank page without any source or nothing ???
> I have changed the bind from ->
> Else I have tried it now on 3 machines (2linux - 1 windows ) and on
> each
> an everyone 1 get the blank page!
> I normally running Arch Linux -- So have tried almost anything in my
> knowledge! I can see that there is another thread like this - but
> without any answers.
> Hopefully some one can telle me what I' m doing wrong! I want to use
> Postgres  - and have set up the db for it - Should it also make the
> changes in config/database.y?+ I was of the idea of that was I was
> asked
> about the first time I got to the page ??

I think not. That's not the way Rails works and Instiki is now a
rails Application. You have to set up database.yml correctly for
Postgres and you have to have the Postgres adaptor installed in Ruby.

In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take.
-Adlai Stevenson, statesman (1900-1965)