[Instiki] About Instiki, I2, Pimki and grandmothers

Assaph Mehr assaph at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 19:45:54 EST 2005

Hi Rich,

> >Feel free to submit patches to existing projects :-)
> I'd love to, but I'm kind of waiting for YOUR dust to settle.

I'll take it as a compliment :-)

> In the meanwhile, I'd like to know a bit more about Pimki's use of
> graphviz (current and projected) and "Hyberbolic Mind Maps".  Is
> this stuff documented somewhere?

It is documented in Pimki2 - if you have an instance running just
click on the "don't panic" link at the top for the help section.

In general, GraphViz is used in three places (in PImki2):
* The Mind Maps - a map of links between pages, authors and categories
in the wiki
* Hyperbolic Maps - a per-page map of inbound and outbound links
* Integrated Graphs - you can embed diagrams in a page inside
<graph></graph> tags

> More generally, I'm interested in the possible crosses between
> wikis and Topic Maps.  TMwiki (http://www.topic-maps.org) is one
> take on this, but it sounds like Pimki could be an interesting
> basis for another.

Thanks for the reference - looks interesting, I'll check it out soon.

Cheers,
Assaph