[Instantrails-users] How to upgrade to rails 2.2.2

Leonid Raiz Leonid at RaizLabs.com
Tue Jan 6 13:33:01 EST 2009

Same issues, see below

C:\InstantRails2.0\rails_apps>gem install rails
ERROR:  Error installing rails:
        rails requires activesupport (= 2.2.2, runtime)

C:\InstantRails2.0\rails_apps>gem install activesupport
ERROR:  could not find gem activesupport locally or in a repository

Something else to try?
- LR

-----Original Message-----
From: instantrails-users-bounces at rubyforge.org
[mailto:instantrails-users-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Bazinet
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 1:06 PM
To: instantrails-users at rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Instantrails-users] How to upgrade to rails 2.2.2

No problem.

Just try running:

gem install rails

See if that works.

-Rob

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Leonid Raiz <Leonid at raizlabs.com>
wrote:

Thanks Rob.

I should have mentioned in my original email that I did verify gem
version. Typing "gem -v" produces 1.3.1

Trying to follow your suggestion I typed "gem install update_rubygems"
and it resulted in
ERROR:  could not find gem update_rubygems locally or in a repository

"gem update rails" still does not work
I'd appreciate if someone can suggest additional investigative steps.

- LR