[Instantrails-users] How to upgrade to rails 2.2.2

Leonid Raiz Leonid at RaizLabs.com
Tue Jan 6 10:46:56 EST 2009

Hi folks,

I  downloaded InstantRails 2.0 and installed it w/o a problem. That
brought rails 2.0.2. I would like to update rails to 2.2.2 so in Ruby
Console Window I typed "gem update-system" and it run w/o a problem (at
least I have not noticed one). However the subsequent "gem update rails"
results in

Updating installed gems
Updating rails
ERROR: While executing gem . (Gem::InstallError) rails requires
activesupport (= 2.2.2, runtime)

Trying to manually update activesupport by typing "gem update
activesupport" results in

Updating installed gems
Updating activesupport
ERROR: While executing gem . (Gem::GemNotFoundException) could not find
gem activesupport locally or in a repository

However I do see activesupport-2.2.2.gem listed in my browser pointed to

Any suggestions?

- LR