[Instantrails-users] error when installing rails

Wahyu Wijaya H. wahyu.wijaya.h at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:14:43 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Sorry if this question popped out many times before, but I am really
new to ruby on rails. I see that InstantRails is a one installer for
Windows so I give it a try. All went fine until I tried the command
'gem install rails --include-dependencies'

I will really appreciate if there is anyone who could help me solve
this problem, or just simply point me out to a source that cab provide
explanation of the problem and solution.

I attach the log file as well.

Here is the error message:

D:/InstantRails/ruby/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb install rails
--include-dependencies
checking for fcgiapp.h... no
checking for fastcgi/fcgiapp.h... no
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
        --with-opt-dir
        --without-opt-dir
        --with-opt-include
        --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
        --with-opt-lib
        --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
        --with-make-prog
        --srcdir=.
        --curdir
        --ruby=D:/InstantRails/ruby/bin/ruby
        --with-fcgi-dir
        --without-fcgi-dir
        --with-fcgi-include
        --without-fcgi-include=${fcgi-dir}/include
        --with-fcgi-lib
        --without-fcgi-lib=${fcgi-dir}/lib

Gem files will remain installed in
D:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.7 for inspection.
Results logged to
D:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.7/ext/fcgi/gem_make.out

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best Regards,
Wahyu