[Instantrails-users] New release RubyStack for Windows / includes git

Daniel daniel at bitnami.org
Thu Jun 19 13:34:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

Just thought I would let the list know of a new release of RubyStack for
Windows, since there is a lot of overlap in functionality and may be of
interest to some of you also using OS X and Linux. Please let me know if
it is inappropriate.

Like InstantRails, RubyStack is an open source, self-contained
distribution of Ruby on Rails that is easy to install and use. It runs
on Windows, Linux and Mac and instead of a ZIP file, it is a binary
installer, so it takes a couple of extra steps to get running.

In addition to Apache, MySQL, this release includes git and a number of
new gems in Windows. The Linux and OS X stacks include nginx as well.

You can see the announcement at:

http://bitnami.org/article/new-rubystack-released

Please let us know what you think, what we can improve, and feel free to
ask us any questions you may have. We have learned a lot from
InstantRails, so if we can help you in any way we will be happy to do so

Best regards

Daniel