[Instantrails-users] Problem loading page error - Instant Rails 2.0 installation issue

Giorgio Clavelli giorgio.clavelli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 01:52:38 EDT 2008

It seems to me you missed the step, where you regist
"www.mycookbook.com" with 127.0.0.1, which is your server IP, in the
"Window's Host File", which you easily can access under  the
"configure" entry of the InstantRails menu. Otherwise your browser
doesn't know how to translate that URL

In my instance of IntantRails that file looks like this:

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.0.1   www.mycookbook.com