[Instantrails-users] !!! Path to log file not valid: log/mongrel.log

Roupen Nahabedian roupenn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 01:53:20 EST 2008

DISCLAIMER: I am a newb to RoR :)

I downloaded and installed InstantRails 2.0. Everything comes up green when
I start it (Apache and MySQL).

I ran "gem install mongrel" and it ran successfully.

However, when I try to start mongrel with "mongrel_rails start" I get the
error message !!! Path to log file not valid: log/mongrel.log

I'm trying to go through some exercises in  the book "Practical Rails
Projects" which calls for starting mongrel in that fashion, so I  am stuck.
I was able to run the cookbook and typo apps through the "I" button "Rails
Application" menu item

WHAT AM I MISSING? Thanks. Roupen N.