[Instantrails-users] Can't Start MySQL via Instant Rails Console

S Ajang snajang at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 18:52:44 EST 2008

Brilliant! I set Mysql service to manual, and it worked.

Thanks!!!

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:43:51 +1000From: giorgio.clavelli at gmail.comTo: instantrails-users at rubyforge.orgSubject: Re: [Instantrails-users] Can't Start MySQL via Instant Rails ConsoleAs Robert said, you have another copy of MySql already running on your system.  I guess you are using a Windows PC and this copy of MySql is set to startup automatically with all other services that your system starts at boot up. If I'm right, you should check in "Settings/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services" (this is the path if you are using Win XP home). There you will find this other copy of MySql listed and very likely its startup type set to automatic. Just double click on it and set it to manual. Then either stop the Mysql service by a command prompt (can't remember the command, but something like "mysql stop") or just restart the PC.Hope it helps
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:02 AM, S Ajang <snajang at hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. The icon for MySQL in InstantRails is red (stopped), so how can I check to see if MySQL is running? Also, I need to access rails>configure > database (via MyPHPAdmin), but the link is in the drop down menu is grey'd out. How can I access MyPHPAdmin via InstantRails?