[Instantrails-users] Can't Start MySQL via Instant Rails Console

Giorgio Clavelli giorgio.clavelli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 17:43:51 EST 2008

As Robert said, you have another copy of MySql already running on your
system.  I guess you are using a Windows PC and this copy of MySql is set to
startup automatically with all other services that your system starts at
boot up.
If I'm right, you should check in "Settings/Control Panel/Administrative
Tools/Services" (this is the path if you are using Win XP home). There you
will find this other copy of MySql listed and very likely its startup type
set to automatic. Just double click on it and set it to manual. Then either
stop the Mysql service by a command prompt (can't remember the command, but
something like "mysql stop") or just restart the PC.

Hope it helps