[Instantrails-users] Confused Newbie question

Robert Bazinet rbazinet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 16:34:19 EDT 2008

Rails 2.0, which is what Instant Rails 2.0 uses, uses SQLite by default.
Instant Rails has always been configured with MySQL and IR 2.0 still has it
built in for now.  A lighter version is coming without it but for now, both
MySQL and SQLite are in there.

Instant Rails will use the version of MySQL which came with it but by
default Rails will use SQLite unless specifically told not to.  The
database.yml file in each of your projects will tell you which DB provider
you are using.

Hope this helps.

-Rob Bazinet

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:21 PM, David Williams <mrdave215 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess that is possible, there is nother database somewhere. I do not
> have any other database running on my computer or on the network right now.
> Just what came with R -on- R.
> The task manager shows mysqld.exe and nothing else with "sql".  Where do I
> find the database/port config?
>
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:21 PM, David Morton <mortonda at dgrmm.net> wrote:

Rob Bazinet
InfoQ Ruby and .NET Editor