[Instantrails-users] App won't start -- and error flashes up too quickly

Robert Bazinet rbazinet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:28:29 EDT 2008

When you are inside Instant Rails you can go to a command prompt.  Go to the
command prompt from within InstantRails to your application directory.  It
should be something like rails_apps\myapp.  When you are there you can start
the server manually by typing:

ruby script\server

Assuming Ruby is in your path this should run or attempt to run the mongrel

I hope this helps.

-Rob Bazinet

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Julian Harris <julian.harris at gmail.com>

> Hi everyone,
> I've broken a rails app -- when I start it with mongrel inside
> InstantRails 2.0, it brings up the console window, which pauses, flashes a
> message for about 1ms then kills the window. <app>/logs is empty.
> Possible options inside InstantRails:
> 1. find a way of preventing the console window from disappearing so I can
> see the error message
> 2. find where the message is logged
> thoughts?
> thanks in advance!