[Instantrails-users] Auto-launch instant rails and app

Bill Froelich wfroelich at dbsnow.com
Tue Sep 25 02:04:07 EDT 2007

Probably the easiest thing to do would be to setup things to run as a
windows service that starts automatically.  I have a machine where I
simply configured mysql as a service and then setup mongrel as a service
(I didn't need apache) and they just automatically run.
To setup MySQL to run as a service automatically on the next reboot
c:\>c:\InstantRails\mysql\bin\mysqld --install
Next to setup Mongrel as a service using the instructions at
That should take care of it.  Hope it helps!