[Instantrails-users] how do I install plugins?

Ed Love ed at solutionsontap.com
Fri Oct 5 04:47:39 EDT 2007

> You also need to ensure that you are calling script/plugin from your
> application's root dir(c:\InstantRails\rails_apps\my_app), not the
> rails_apps dir.

Yep, checked that. The script directory does exist:

C:\InstantRails\rails_apps\ASdemo>dir script
  Volume in drive C has no label.
  Volume Serial Number is 8015-9C8D

  Directory of C:\InstantRails\rails_apps\ASdemo\script

02/10/2007  04:23 PM    <DIR>          .
02/10/2007  04:23 PM    <DIR>          ..
02/10/2007  04:22 PM               812 index.htm
02/10/2007  04:23 PM    <DIR>          performance
02/10/2007  04:23 PM    <DIR>          process
                1 File(s)            812 bytes
                4 Dir(s)   7,754,866,688 bytes free

That looks like a strange structure, I would have expected a file called plugin
to live there!? Or is this some kind of ruby magic that simulates it? For what
it's worth, cookbook works just fine. I'm currently looking to test the Active
Scaffolding demo from their website.
>> Sounds like maybe you are in a standard cmd windows instead of one spawned
>> by the Instant Rails UI. You need to either use the Instant Rails menu to
>> open your cmd window, which sets the Ruby path, or you need to modify your
>> system path variable to include the path to the InstantRails Ruby binary.

Yep, tried that as well, but thanks for the reminder! Also tried differend
slashes, windows/unix style. Hmmm ... this is most puzzling. Has anyone else
successfully installed plugins this way?

Thanks again,

Are you tired of yet another over hyped diet dismally failing to help?
Discover the emotional secrets to weight loss that drive you to overeat.
The new All You Can Eat Love Diet: http://www.allyoucaneatlovediet.com
Any questions, ask me: ed at solutionsontap.com or Skype: aussielovecoach