[Instantrails-users] Create a virtual host using Instant Rails 1.7

udai kudikyala udaikudikyala at gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:51:59 EDT 2007

Hi,
   Thanks for the instant reply : ).
THis is what I did
1. Under
Rails Applications --> Manage Rail Applications
I clicked on the demo (my application) check box and clicked on Configure
Startup Mode button
In Configure Demo Window I set
  Runtime mode text box : development
  Port: 3038
  Then I clicked on Edit Apache Config button and added the following text
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName www.mydemo.com
    ProxyPass / http://localhost:3028/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:3028
</VirtualHost>
Saved this file
  Then I clicked on the Edit Window Host file and added the following line
         127.0.0.1 www.mydemo.com
Saved this file and clicked OK button in Configue Demo Window
Then I Clicked on Start with Mongrel button in Rails Application Window.
Now, I opened IE and typed the URL : http://www.mydemo.com/
It showed me the default page (welcome Aboard Riding the Rails page).
I have to physically type http://www.mydemo.com/blog  in order to see my
application (scaffolding).  Blog is the controller for this application.
Now, the cookbook application seems to be redirecting to
   http://www.mycookbook.com/recipe/list by just typing the URL
http://www.mycookbook.com
This is not hapenning with my application though.  I don't undersand.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks again for your help.

Udai