[Instantrails-users] problem gettting started

Peter Rashkin prashkin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:27:51 EDT 2007

Hello. Just trying to get started with Ruby on Rails. I downloaded and
installed Instant Rails.

I'm trying to follow Patrick Lenz's tutorial at
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/learn-ruby-on-rails, but I can't get beyon
his initial demonstration:
(We'll start with a really brief example:
irb> 1
=> 1)

>From the Instant Rails control panel, I chose Rail Applcations / Open Ruby
Console Window.

In the window, I type "irb>1" and enter. I excpect to see "=> 1, but all I
see is a blinking cursor.

I tried installing on a second computer. Same result. I suspect a
configuration issue, but don't know how to address it.

Thanks,

Peter

--
PETER RASHKIN