[Instantrails-users] Instarails with existing Ruby installation

Zook, Nathan Nathan.Zook at AMD.COM
Fri Jul 6 15:43:41 EDT 2007

No.  It looks like this:
C:\App>rails trunk
'rails' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Which is why I was talking about the path.  Our group policy is to
checkout at the root level and to delete expired branches, which is why
I was trying to create trunk under App instead of App under C:\.

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: instantrails-users-bounces at rubyforge.org
[mailto:instantrails-users-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Bill
Walton
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 1:40 PM
To: instantrails-users at rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Instantrails-users] Instarails with existing Ruby
installation

Hi Nathan,

Zook, Nathan wrote:

> I guess I wasn't specific enough.  I was following the
> tutorial at <snip>

> I'm going to use source control, so my App directory
> structure looks like this:
> C:\App
>           branches
>            tags
>            trunk
>
> So I did:
> c:
> mkdir App
> cd App
> mkdir branches
> mkdir tags
> rails trunk
>
> No dice.

Your 'rails trunk' command generated a Rails skeleton app named 'trunk'.
If
you're planning to use Subversion (SVN) for your source code control
system,
that's not how it works.  Setup your SVN repository, generate your Rails
app
per the tutorial, then import the app into your repository's trunk.
I'll be
doing a tutorial on SVN for the cookbook app in the next couple of
months
but, for now, you might want to check out the one at:
http://www.yasashiisyndicate.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/subversion.h
tml

HTH,
Bill