[Instantrails-users] Need advice on Apache 1.3 Config

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 22:10:27 EDT 2006

On 9/25/06, Tim Uckun <timuckun at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am curious as to why you want to use apache 1.3? I thought
> microapache might be a good fit instantrails
> (http://microapache.amadis.sytes.net/).  You can even get the 2.2
> version with mod_proxy_balance although it seems that 2.2 doesn't get
> along with php. He also has a micro mysql and microphp too so it seems
> like a good fit for what you are trying to do.
>
> Anyway I could try and help you out. We are talking windows only
> right? All my linux servers are running 2.0.

I don't *want* to use Apache 1.3, its just a historical fact of life since
the current, Windows-only version of Instant Rails is a fork of EasyPHP.

I'm not willing to put *any* time into changing that (or the fact that the
included MySQL is 4.1) because that would take development time away from
Instant Rails 2, which is multi-platform and will use Apache 2 and MySQL 5.

The only reason this extra release of Instant Rails 1.x is happening at all
is because SCGI is not no longer supported and I could not, in good
conscience, leave an obsolete version of Instant Rails in circulation for
the 6-9 months of so that it will take to get Instant Rails 2 out the door.

I was hoping that someone on the list had already done this (mod_proxy with
Apache 1.3) and could just send me a sample configuration snippet. But it
looks like I'm out of luck on that, so I'm just going to figure it out
tonight.

Curt