[Instantrails-users] An absolute minimal install of ruby and rails.

Tim Uckun timuckun at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 18:38:27 EDT 2006

Hello All.

I am trying to distribute rails apps to several windows servers.  I
don't want to install and update a separate ruby install on each
machine so I was thinking about using ifolders as a deployment tool.
Ifolders is a wonderful product but occationally it has problems
syncronizing large amounts of data.

What I would like to do is to deploy the smallest subset of ruby
including all the site libs and gems and maybe apache (not really
required because I can use mongrel).

Would it work to simply copy the bin and lib directories of the
allinone/ruby tree? Can I do anything to clear out the older libs and
gems? Can I clear the cache? what is the best way to set the path on
the machines?

Any advice would be much appreciated.